Dental implants have taken the world of modern dentistry by storm. As well as traditional implants, we are delighted to offer mini dental implants. If you already have a denture or you’re interested in tooth replacement treatments, mini implants may be an option worth considering. If you’d like to learn more, here are five marvellous facts about mini implants you might find interesting:
- Mini implants are often used to anchor dentures: dentures are an excellent solution for missing teeth, but they’re not perfect. Dentures can slip and slide if they become damaged or worn and they don’t offer the same level of functionality as strong natural teeth. Mini implants offer a solution to these problems. With implants, the denture is secured firmly. There’s no risk of slipping and you can enjoy much more control and stability when you’re speaking and eating.
- Mini implants may be suitable for patients who can’t have traditional implants: traditional implants aren’t a viable option for everyone. If you don’t have sufficient bone mass in the jaw to support a traditional implant, you don’t have to rule out treatment. Mini implants are much easier to tolerate than traditional implants, which are larger.
- Mini implant treatment can be completed in a single session: unlike most forms of implant treatment, mini implants and a new denture can be placed in a single session. This enables you to enjoy your new smile straight away.
- A mini implant is designed to act like a tooth root: implants are specially designed to stabilise and support new prosthetic teeth in the same way a root anchors a natural tooth.
- The procedure to fit mini implants is minimally-invasive: we use a minimally-invasive technique to place mini implants. The implants are fitted into the jawbone, with the heads of the implant protruding through the gum tissue. The head is then attached to the denture.