June 22nd, 2017
If you’re a keen athlete, you may be aware of the importance of protecting your teeth when you play sport, but what would you say if we told you that we could provide you with a gum shield, which doesn’t just protect you from dental injuries, but also enhances your performance? We are proud to be a provider for OSO Athletic, a game-changing mouth guard, which could give you that competitive edge.
About OSO Athletic
The OSO Athletic mouth guard is not your average piece of kit. This is so much more than a standard mouth guard. This device is specially designed to adjust to the contours and shape of your mouth, and it alters the position of your jaw when you put it in your mouth. By doing this, you can enjoy the highest standards of protection, as well as a lower risk of injury and muscle pain and increased balance, power and strength. Many athletes experience discomfort when they wear mouth guards, but these appliances are developed based on precise measurements and images. By adjusting the position of the jaw, muscle contraction is more efficient, and you’ll have a lower risk of jaw pain, stiffness and aches and pains in the neck, shoulders and back.
Who can benefit from the OSO Athletic?
The OSO Athletic can benefit anyone who participates in sports or activities that carry a risk of facial or dental injuries. This includes sports such as hockey, rugby and lacrosse, as well as fighting sports and martial arts. You don’t have to be an elite performer to enjoy the advantages of using an OSO Athletic mouth guard, and we strongly recommend competitors of all abilities to consider using this incredible innovation.
If you like the sound of the OSO Athletic mouth guard, call us now to find out more and arrange a consultation.
June 20th, 2017
You’d be amazed at how strong the teeth are, but they’re not immune to damage. If you’ve got a broken tooth, there are various treatments and restorative techniques we can use to repair your damaged tooth and restore your smile to its former glory. These include:
- Dental bonding: in cases where the tooth is chipped, rather than broken, we can use a technique known as dental bonding. Bonding involves using a tooth-coloured resin material called composite to fill in the broken part of the tooth and reshape the tooth. This treatment offers both restorative and cosmetic benefits, and it only takes around one hour. There’s no pain involved, and you’ll notice the difference immediately.
- Crowns: dental crowns are types of restoration that are used to repair broken and decayed teeth. Crowns are sometimes called caps because they are placed over the top of the remaining tooth structure. Before a crown is fitted, the tooth will be shaped and cleaned and any damaged tissue will be removed. Every crown is custom-made to ensure a perfect fit and we can use ceramics to produce very natural aesthetics.
- Filling: if the tooth has a very minor fracture, it may be possible to restore it using a white filling. These fillings are made from a mixture of dental composite and resins. Your dentist will match the shade of the composite to your tooth colour so that you won’t be able to tell the difference between the composite and the natural tooth tissue.
If you have a broken or chipped tooth, we recommend getting in touch as soon as possible.
June 15th, 2017
In the past, you never really associated braces with speed, but today, it’s a very different story. Gone are the days when you had to wear braces for years on end. Today, thanks to incredible innovations like the Inman Aligner, we can straighten the teeth in weeks, rather than months or years. Did you know that in some cases, it can take as little as 6 weeks to produce amazing new smiles?
What is the Inman Aligner and is it suitable for me?
The Inman Aligner is a removable orthodontic appliance, which is used to correct minor issues and imperfections. This system is geared towards those who need limited movement and it is ideally suited to patients with problems that affect the front teeth.
The Inman Aligner comprises of two main parts. These parts produce forces, which push and pull the teeth, causing them to move in the desired direction. There is a coiled spring located at the back of the teeth and a fine metal bar, which runs along the front. Although this isn’t an invisible solution, it is much less noticeable than traditional fixed braces.
The benefits of the Inman Aligner
Speed is the greatest selling-point of the Inman Aligner. While some treatments take 12-24 months to work their magic, the Inman Aligner produces results in just 6-16 weeks. The brace is discreet, and you can also enjoy the convenience and flexibility of being able to remove your brace. This makes life much easier when it comes to eating and brushing your teeth.
If you’d like to find out if the Inman Aligner is a perfect match for you, call us now and book an appointment or pop in and see us if you’re in Leeds city centre.
June 13th, 2017
If you’ve spent weeks or months wearing braces to straighten your smile, the last thing you want is for your teeth to start slipping out of position. We strongly advise all our orthodontic patients to wear retainers after they have finished treatment. This helps to prevent relapse and will ensure your beautiful new smile looks perfect for years to come.
Retainers are orthodontic appliances, which are worn to keep the teeth in order after braces have been removed. There are various types of retainer, including fixed and removable appliances. Retainers can be made from transparent materials and they can also be fitted to the back of your teeth, so you don’t need to worry about spoiling the aesthetic of your new smile.
Wearing a retainer is incredibly important because it holds the teeth in position. If you don’t have a retainer, there’s a high risk of the teeth slipping and starting to move out of position, and in the worst cases, repeat treatment may be required. By wearing a retainer, you can increase your chances of keeping your smile in check.
Are retainers painful?
Initially, when you wear your retainer for the first time, you may find it a little uncomfortable, but like braces, you’ll soon get used to it. If you do find it painful, don’t hesitate to give us a call and we will do our best to make you feel more comfortable.
If you’d like to find out more about retainers or you’re interested in our orthodontic treatments, why not give us a call and book a consultation? Your dream smile could be just around the corner.
June 8th, 2017
After months of wind and rain, the summer is finally within touching distance. If you’re keen to sport a bright summer smile, we have some great treatment options available. Here are three incredible ways we can give you a radiant smile in perfect time to enjoy those hazy summer days.
- Tooth whitening: tooth whitening is a very popular cosmetic dental treatment, which enables us to lighten the shade of the teeth significantly to give you a dazzling, healthier looking smile. We offer convenient home whitening treatment, which can fit into your schedule easily. You don’t even need to leave the comfort of the sofa to enjoy the results. Home whitening is really simple. All you have to do is wear a pair of customised whitening trays for around 6 hours per day for 10-14 consecutive days. Your trays will be comfortable, and you can wear them whenever is convenient for you.
- Veneers: veneers are famed for creating stunning smiles and if you want a dream smile for summer, they could be the ideal solution for you. If you have stained, chipped, uneven or misshapen teeth, we can use veneers to transform your smile. After your consultation, we will plan your treatment and in just 2-3 weeks, you could be showing off your incredible new summer smile.
- Hygiene treatments: have you ever noticed how much brighter and cleaner your teeth look after a trip to the dentist? When you have a check-up, your dentist will give your teeth a quick polish, but if you’re desperate for even better results, you can book a session with one of our talented, friendly hygienists. Our hygienists offer intensive cleaning treatments, which will remove surface stains and give your smile a gorgeous, healthy summer glow.
If you’re dreaming of a sparkling smile for summer, call us now to make an appointment.
June 6th, 2017
Have you always been conscious about your smile? Are you reluctant to have treatment because you don’t want to be lumbered with unsightly, cumbersome braces? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, we have good news! With modern orthodontic treatments, we can provide you with a beautiful, straight smile without anyone even being able to spot a brace. Allow us to introduce you to our incredible collection of invisible braces:
Invisalign: Invisalign is a clear aligner system, which uses a sequence of specially designed removable clear braces to straighten the teeth. Invisalign braces slide over the teeth in a similar way to a gum shield you wear for sport. As they are made entirely from transparent plastic, they are virtually undetectable when they’re in place. Invisalign is a great option for those with minor or moderate issues.
STb Social 6 braces: if you’re looking for the ultimate in invisible braces, STb Social 6 braces may be the choice for you. These braces are lingual braces, and this means that they are positioned behind the teeth, making them completely invisible when you smile. Lingual braces are fixed braces, but they are much finer and smaller than traditional fixed braces. STb Social 6 braces are designed to correct minor orthodontic problems that affect the front teeth, also known as the social 6. Treatment takes just 6-24 weeks.
Inman Aligner: the Inman Aligner is not strictly an invisible treatment, but it is considerably more discreet than conventional braces. The aligner is removable, and the only part that can be detected is a fine metal bar, which sits on the front of the teeth. The best thing about this treatment is the speed. It takes just 16 weeks to produce amazing results.
Six Month Smiles: Six Month Smiles is a fast-acting fixed brace treatment, which uses streamlined braces made from clear wires and tooth-coloured brackets to correct issues that affect the front teeth in just 6 months.
If you’re keen to undergo orthodontic treatment in secret or you’ve been hoping to find a discreet alternative to traditional braces, give us a call now and find out more about how we could help you get that perfect, straight smile.
June 1st, 2017
In this day and age, we’re bombarded by images of people with perfect smiles. Whether you’re watching a film or browsing your news feed on Instagram, there are flawless sets of pearly whites everywhere. In the past, veneers were associated with celebrities, but today, they are accessible to all. If you dream of a bright white, beautiful smile, we can make your dreams come true, right here in the centre of Leeds.
Veneers are tooth-shaped pieces of incredibly fine laminated ceramic material (usually porcelain), which are fixed onto the surfaces of the natural teeth. Each veneer is fitted individually, and the outcome is a stunning new smile. As well as porcelain veneers, we also offer Componeers, which are a cheaper option. Componeers can be bonded directly onto the teeth and they are composed of a mixture of materials, including composite. If you’re worried about the cost of porcelain veneers and you want results fast, Componeers may be the best solution for you.
Veneers are very versatile and they can be used to treat a multitude of imperfections. Very few people have naturally perfect teeth, but you don’t have to let chips, worn surfaces, discolouration or gaps between your teeth get you down. With veneers, we can transform your smile dramatically and make you feel much more confident when your pearly whites are on show.
What does veneer treatment involve?
If you’re interested in veneers, the first thing we recommend is booking a consultation. During your consultation, we’ll give you all the information you could possibly need about veneers and answer any questions you have. We’ll also examine your teeth and have a chat with you about what your dream outcome would be. We can also show you some images of smiles we have created using veneer treatment. If you choose to go ahead and have veneers, we can usually complete treatment in two sessions. During the first, we’ll prepare your teeth and create impressions, and when your veneers are ready, we’ll invite you back and secure them onto your teeth.
May 31st, 2017
We are passionate about cosmetic dentistry, but even our experienced dentists can struggle to get the point across in words when trying to describe just how amazing out treatments are. This is where smile imaging comes in handy. Gone are the days of trying to find enough superlatives to do our treatments justice. Now, we can show you exactly what we mean and give you a sneak peek of what you can expect if you choose to have treatment with us.
What is smile imaging and how does it work?
Smile imaging uses innovative technology to produce images of what you can expect to look like with different treatment options. Rather than looking at galleries featuring other people or going purely on descriptions and verbal communication, you can now see the difference different treatments can make to the look of your smile and your overall appearance.
To enjoy the benefits of smile imaging, all we need from you are some before shots, which we will capture with a special camera. We can then use smile imaging to show you images of what you would look like if you have certain treatments. We can use smile imaging for a range of services, including:
If you’re not sure whether or not to take the plunge, smile imaging can help you to make a decision.
If you’re keen to find out more, why not give us a call today and book a consultation? We can discuss some treatment options with you, talk more about smile imaging and give you some ideas of what we can achieve if you are keen to go ahead.
May 29th, 2017
Have you ever wondered if there’s a simple and affordable solution out there for minor problems like misshapen teeth or chips? Sometimes, people assume that cosmetic dentistry will out be out of their financial reach or it’ll take too much time or involve too much pain. In reality, there are plenty of treatments, which may be a lot cheaper and more straightforward than you’d expect. One of our most impressive treatment options is dental bonding, a single-session treatment, which can transform your smile with no pain at all.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding, also known as composite or cosmetic bonding, is a cosmetic dental procedure, which is capable of sculpting and reshaping the teeth to create a beautiful, flawless smile. If you have chipped teeth, worn surfaces, uneven teeth or misshapen teeth, this could be the solution for you.
The bonding process takes around an hour and there is no pain involved at all, so you won’t need any injections or anaesthetic. Your dentist will use material called dental composite to sculpt your smile and carry out running repairs to teeth are not shaped perfectly. At room temperature, composite has a similar consistency to putty, and this enables your dentist to shape and mould it. They will use their skill and experience to reshape the teeth, making minor adjustments that will make a massive difference to the overall look of your smile. Once the composite is in the right place, your dentist will use a curing light to make it firm.
Is dental bonding the right choice for me?
Dental bonding is an effective treatment for patients who have minor aesthetic imperfections. It is a quick, affordable and painless procedure, which can be used as an alternative to veneer treatment. If you like the sound of bonding, and you’d like to find out more, call us and book an appointment today!
May 24th, 2017
Are you looking for a sure-fire way to boost your oral health? If so, we strongly recommend booking a hygiene treatment today! Here are five reasons why this is a great idea:
- Clean, fresh breath: hygienists use powerful cleaning techniques, which banish plaque and tartar, putting a stop to bad breath and giving your mouth a lovely clean, fresh feeling.
- Reduced risk of decay: plaque is the leading cause of dental decay. If you struggle to remove plaque with a toothbrush, your hygienist can help. We have intensive treatments that clean the mouth thoroughly, preventing the build-up of plaque, as well as removing existing traces.
- Lower gum disease risk: plaque is also a major risk factor for gum disease. When you see your hygienist, they will cleanse your mouth, and target problems areas on the tooth surfaces, the gum line and the gums themselves. Seeing a dentist and a hygienist on a regular basis is likely to reduce your risk of dental disease dramatically.
- Brighter smiles: when you brush at home, there’s a limit to how much you can do and it can be tough to prevent staining and discolouration. Hygiene treatments are much more effective and they can remove surface stains, giving you a lighter and brighter smile.
- Increased confidence: whether you suffer from bad breath or you’re conscious of your discoloured teeth, a trip to the hygienist can provide you with a much-needed confidence boost.
To book a session with our excellent hygienists, call today or bob in if you’re passing.